Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer reading list

I read more in the summer than I do throughout the rest of the year. I'm not sure what's up with that. Maybe it's just permanently instilled in me that fall and winter and spring are for school-mandated reading, and summer is for reading for pleasure.

Also, I recently discovered Goodreads, and I'm in love.

Anyway, here are a few books I've read recently:   



Who didn't read this in 2014? A tragic teenage love story. I thought it was good, but not great. It was an easy read - I read it on a three hour flight - but I wouldn't call it light. The themes were heavy, but it wasn't so moving (IMHO) that I cried the whole time. 3 out of 5 stars.



I enjoyed Attachments and I look forward to reading more of Rowell's novels. I din't exactly fly threw this one, but the main character was relatable to me (despite being a man) and I cried happy tears at the end. 4 out of 5 stars.



A Dog's Purpose is the best novel I've read in quite a while. (Pro tip: Must love dogs.) I was moved to tears multiple times, but it was such a sweet, hopeful story. I liked it more than The Art of Racing in the Rain (another good book written from a dog's point of view). 5 out of 5 stars!

Next, I'll read:

How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar by Kelly Oxford
Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
another novel by Rainbow Rowell (Fangirl? Eleanor & Park?)

What are you reading this summer? (Respond in the comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment