Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Birchbox Favorites

(Based on my limited knowledge of blogging, I think I'm supposed to say that this post is not sponsored. I'm not that big of a deal.)

I've been a Birchbox subscriber for nearly a year. My sister-in-law bought me a (full year!) subscription as a thank you gift for hosting her baby shower. I used to say it was an intriguing concept but not something I'd pay for; however, based on my experience, I will absolutely pony up $110 next month to continue receiving my monthly box of joy.

From the Birchbox site, in case you're unfamiliar:
"Birchbox delivers high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle samples once a month, customized just for you."

I love health and beauty products. I especially love to tell people about my brilliant finds. (Lucky you!) I'm not sure that I'll review every product each month, but I plan on sharing my favorite products with you here.

Over the last year, these are the products I've loved:

via birchbox
1. COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face: I should probably admit that I didn't actually buy the full size version of this product ($32), but I would if I wasn't actively avoiding the sun this summer. It isn't thick like my usual sunscreen (I'm looking at you, Neutrogena) and it smells divine. Like a very specific fancy spa I've visited before, but I refuse to name drop. If you're looking for a smooth everyday sunscreen, this is the stuff. If you aren't wearing sunscreen daily, shame on you.

via birchbox
2. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel Sensitive: Okay, I haven't purchased the full size version of this one either... YET ($39). I've made the sample last for several uses. I have relatively easy skin, but it is sensitive, especially to peels. I love how my face feels after using this product and it doesn't bother my skin at all. I used the sample (0.25 oz) four times, so I know I'll get to use the full size (2 oz) product enough to make it worth the price.

via birchbox
3. Color Club polishes: I'm always excited about new nail polishes. The first Color Club polish I received from Birchbox was the green one in the image above. I like it, but prefer the colors in the Gala's Gems collection (I ordered the set of four minis, $13). I'm not blown away by the quality of Color Club polishes (I usually buy OPI or Ulta), but I do enjoy the colors. Also noteworthy, I got a sample Art Duo pen in my May box and I haven't tried it yet, but I have high hopes!

4. KIND Healthy Grain Bar: I received the Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt bar in my March box and I've been trying to find it in stores ever since. I'm about to order them in bulk off of the KIND website. (I've tried the Dark Chocolate Chunk and Oats & Honey flavors, too, and like them both... but pumpkin seeds are my jam!)

via birchbox
5. Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner: I don't have any interest in the "color contrast" idea behind this product, but I have always had eye-crease-smudge problems with eyeliner on my upper lids and this is the best solution I've found so far. I haven't had to replace my black sample yet, but I will ($11).

via birchbox
6. Stila lip glaze: This has long been a favorite of mine, but Birchbox sent a sample my way and it deserves a shout out. My sample was called "Cupcake" (pictured: "Fruit Punch"). Hate the cutesy names, but love the subtle colors. Lasts long enough for me. (But full disclosure: I'm not big on lip color.)

via birchbox
7. Benefit Big Easy: *Life-changing product alert!* I didn't get a sample of this, but I did find this product through Birchbox (on Instagram, @birchbox). I love Benefit's products. This BB cream is perfect. I traded in my MAC foundation and powder for this. It's the perfect amount of coverage for my skin type and taste. ($38, lasts ~3 months with daily use)

If you like to give super generous gifts (like my sweet SIL), Birchbox is a great gift idea for any friend who loves makeup/skin care products. It's definitely one of the coolest presents I've ever received.

If you are interested in subscribing or gifting a subscription, feel free to use this link.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment